So, I got this tweet from Joe floggers, the awesomest blogger I know and the man who can solve any woman’s problem on his “Ask Joe” column. Trust me, Joe knows it all. Thank you, Joe Floggers for nominating me for The Liebster Award.
What is a Liebster Award you might ask? I wondered myself but I knew this was huge.
I drifted into the Academy Award Ceremony wearing a skin tight red evening gown that had a slit all the way up my thighs. I looked on my right smiling then to my left nodding. I was crowded by the Paparazzi so I stopped for a photo and a pose with my hand on my hip. As I tilted my head slightly and gave a gentle smile, I was blinded by a flash. “Is the Fajita meat ready for the grill?” My husband asked. Unfortunately, the flash came from the grease fire shooting out of the BBQ pit.
A Liebster Award is given for bloggers under 200 followers. As of today, I have 2 followers. I’m rocking it! Liebster means “Dearest” or “favorite” in German. Check out the Liebster Rules.
11 random things about me
1. I must have done something so good in my life that God blessed me with the best husband a woman could have. He is my American Dream. I can see his eyes roll at me by now.
2. I speak, read and write French, Arabic and of course English.
3. I once worked as the Kodak Girl. I had to stand on the sidewalk attracting tourists to the photo shop wearing an orange box that looked like the Kodak film. The box sat on my shoulders to my thighs. Does Spongebob come to mind? I should also mention that I had shorts and heels on. In my defense, I was broke and was desperate to make money.
4. I spent many nights in bomb shelters.
5. I pulled my sister’s hair and beat her up when we were kids because everyone said she was prettier than me. Sorry Sis! Love you!
6. I lived in the Ivory Coast, West Africa and Lebanon before I came to the US.
7. I love to eat all kinds of good food and drink Diet Cokes.
8. I’m on first name basis with the Feds and US Marshalls. They have my cell phone number and know where I live.
9. I want George Zimmerman to go away.
10. I love, love people, friends, and most of my family.
11. I get annoyed when I get a “Dear John” text to wish me a happy birthday and give me the old heave ho because I didn’t return their call. Two reasons why you shouldn’t do that. 1) I could be very busy and barely tending to my regular stuff and 2) I will blog about you.
Now, I have to answer Joe Floggers questions:
1. What motivated you to start a blog? I didn’t have enough to do with my life and decided blogging would be a good fit for me.
2. What is your favorite animal? My dog, Frankie
3. What is your dream job? Matt Lauer’s job.
4. does money buy happiness? Money helps. I never ever want to wear the Kodak box again.
5. what is your favorite meal? Sushi
6. if you could meet one person, who would it be and why? Grandma Mazur from the Janet Evanovich Series. I’d beg her to be my grandma.
7. if you could live in any other time period, what time period would you pick? I enjoy my current time period and no interest to go anywhere else in time.
8. what is your favorite book or movie? The Alchemist by Paula Coelho and The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.
9. what is your favorite thing to write about? My everyday life.
10. do you consider yourself successful? Yes Sir!
11. beer or wine? Don’t drink much but when I feel like having a drink, I drink wine because I like the pretty glass it comes in.
Drumroll for my nominations for the Liebster Award
Stella @ Eat Read Rate
Lilas @ lilastahaauthor
Chris @ Proof Of Our Resolve
Bobi @ BobiAndrews
Pamela @ Pamela Hutchins
Tania @ The Busy Moms
Holly @ The Inspired Home
Kate @ Can I get another bottle of whine with my morning quiet time
Dana @ Kiss My List
Paul @ rednecklatte
Kari @ Missbloggypants
Questions you must answer
1. What cartoon character do you look like?
2. What are your goals and are you working on meeting them/
3. What brings you happiness?
4. What do you expect your readers to get from your writing?
5. Soda, water or alcohol?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. Have you figured out your life’s work?
8. What do you do for fun?
9. Tell me something embarrasing (can’t wait to hear this one).
10. Are you obsessed with your blog?
11. Who was your first crush?
I hope you will accept this award and don’t forget to link back to my blog
What are my chances of wearing this dress to my Award Ceremony before age 70?